Student Meal: Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato.
You can cook Student Meal: Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Student Meal: Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato
- Prepare 350 g of Chicken meat (with skin, boneless).
- You need of Marinade;.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 cup of Oil (for frying).
- Prepare of Sauce;.
- You need 40 g of shallots (chopped).
- You need 30 g of garlic (chopped).
- You need 20 g of ginger (chopped).
- It's 1/2 cup of Ketchup.
- It's 4 Tbsp of Chilli Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Oil (for sauce).
- Prepare of Optional;.
- Prepare 1 of Onion (sliced).
- You need 1 of tomato (diced).
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
Student Meal: Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato instructions
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and marinade with turmeric and salt. Rest for 30 minutes to overnight..
- When ready, add 1/2 cup oil to a wok on a high heat. Fry the chicken until golden brown. Remember to fry all sides. Rest chicken and set aside..
- In the same wok, leave behind 2 Tbsp of oil and heat it on high. Fry the shallots, garlic and ginger until fragrant..
- Add in ketchup and chilli sauce then mix well. Add in diced tomato and cook until desired consistency. If the sauce is too thick add 1/3 cup water..
- Add the fried chicken to the sauce and coat it well but don't linger too long or it will get soggy. Serve on a plate and garnish with onions..
- NOTE; Any ketchup or chilli sauce will do but I use either Maggi or Heinz Organic Ketchup, and Lingham's Chilli Sauce..
- COMMENTARY; This dish works for the same reason any fried chicken and ketchup works. You may be thinking then, wouldn't it be easier to just mix ketchup with chilli sauce and skip all the cooking, and you would be correct but it would taste a little different, just as this is a hack version of Chicken In Spicy Tomato, and that is a deconstruction of Spicy Tomato Chicken, each dish will taste different from the other. For a student, as long as it's tasty, who cares right?.